Helping Hearts Equine Rescue, Inc.
PO Box 342, Perrineville, NJ 08535
Helping Hearts Equine Rescue was officially incorporated as a N.J. Domestic Nonprofit Corporation on January 10, 2008. Our 501(c)3 Non-Profit Status was issued 1/31/09
January, 2016 marked Helping Hearts Equine Rescue’s 8th Anniversary.
In this time, we have taken in over 150 horses, donkeys & mules. We maintain an average population of 12-14 equines as they wait for adoption, undergo rehabilitation or remain as permanent residents. In addition to our direct in-house rescue activities, in 2009, HHER initiated a networking effort with a local auction house, which enabled nearly 3,500 feed lot/slaughter-bound horses to receive the chance of a fresh-start into loving and caring homes and careers. Making a difference, one horse at a time.It may not seem like a lot, but it's a world of difference for Them.
"Helping Hearts Equine Rescue is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit animal welfare organization incorporated in the State of New Jersey. We are dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and placement of equines in need; assisting equines in situations of neglect, abuse or threat of slaughter located in, but not necessarily limited to Monmouth, Middlesex and Ocean Counties - in our home state of New Jersey. To educate the public regarding the standards of care required to maintain an equine as a riding partner and/or companion animal in a humane manner."
(1) Accept into our program equines in need who have been victims of abuse, neglect or abandonment.
(2) Assist in the placement of equines under the care of private owners who can no longer maintain them;
(3) Provide necessary management, veterinary and farrier care for those equines under our protection;
(4) Rehabilitate and adopt out equines to suitable homes as sport-horse prospects; pleasure riding prospects or as retirement/companion animals;
(5) Obtain sponsorships for those equines who maintain a permanent residency within the auspices of our organization;
(6) To provide all animals under our care with a comfortable and dignified existence without pain or suffering. If and when physical and medical circumstances no longer allow that comfortable life; to let them go gently and kindly with a humane veterinary-assisted euthanasia.
Registered with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs -
A searchable database that lists the approximately 20,000 charitable organizations registered by the N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs can be found online at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charity/chardir.htm . A financial synopsis is posted online for each registered organization. Additional information and copies of complete financial filings can be obtained by calling the Charities Registration Unit at 973-504-6215.
Our Board of Trustees:
Lisa Marie M. Post Pres & Treas.
Christopher J. Post Exec. Director
Mary Giannella Vice Pres
Ida Howell Secretary
Mark Howell Assistant Secretary
President and Co-Founder, Lisa Marie M. Post, has been a Dressage Instructor & Trainer since 1993. Lisa was recognized by the United States Dressage Federation as a USDF Certified Associate Instructor September 9, 2004. She and her husband, Chris Post, Executive Director of HHER, have owned and operated Chestnut Ridge Equestrian Center since August, 1999.
Lisa & her homebred Friesian Galileo showing at Dressage at Devon.
VIDEO: A Thank You to Helping Hearts! - -
This video was a gift to us, and includes our Friesians, boarder's horses as well as our rescues; along with friends, family, and all of the other animals, most of whom were rescues, with whom we share our lives. Thank You.
Member:Equine Welfare Alliance
We Stand Behind: